According to The Knot, here are 7 trends in wedding cakes these days:
- Wedding Cake Trend #1: Buttercream-frosted Cakes The cake shows you see on TV may tout fondant coverings, but Dessert Works has long been a supporter of a buttercream finish. If the decorator is talented enough, which ours are, you can still achieve a nice smooth finish.
- Wedding Cake Trend #2: Haute Chocolate Cakes
We’ve done the ganache-covered chocolate cakes! White may be traditional, but Chocolate’s haute!
- Wedding Cake Trend #3: Playful Lines
We’ve certainly seen this trend, particularly in the use of banding. We can colorize rolled chocolate to create this look, whether in uniform bands across all tiers, or playful geometric perpendicular lines!
- Wedding Cake Trend #4: Dramatic Color
Don’t be afraid to incorporate bold colors into your wedding cake!
- Wedding Cake Trend #5: Cake TriosThe symmetry in 3s makes for lovely balance. We’ve done mixes of cakes from 1/table, to 1/person (our mini-cakes were used as favors!), to a mix of sizes on one dramatic cakes display table.
- Wedding Cake Trend #6: Global PatternsWe would welcome more heritage-inspired decor! When weddings are truly personal, details like this are not lost on others. The wedding is a celebration of the couple and their relationship, why not incorporate culture.
- Wedding Cake Trend #7: Sophisticated MonogramsHere’s a fun way to take a symbol of tradition, the monogram, but spice it up — whether with placement, or execution (how about a layered rolled chocolate plaque?), or color – Dessert Works can provide!
What look do you prefer?